Tag: 临安弄堂站街

Posted in cgmcekvkdnhs

Mechanic charged for teen’s death

first_imgMandela Avenue accidentA 36-year-old father of three was granted $500,000 bail by Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan, when he pleaded not guilty to causing the death of a 17-year-old mechanic by dangerous driving, in October.Lennox Denobrega of Church Street, Cummingsburg, Georgetown, is accused of driving motorcar PRR 7624 in a manner dangerous to the public and causing theLennox Denobregadeath of Jhamallie Niles on October 14, 2017 on Mandela Avenue, Georgetown.This charge was indictable and the accused pleaded not guilty after an application of the Administration of Justice Act (AJA) was granted by the Magistrate upon request by court Prosecutor Arvin Moore.Denobrega’s lawyer, Charles Ramson Jr, in an application for bail told the court that his client is gainfully employed as the proprietor of a mechanic shop and has no previous brushes with the law.Ramson Jr also told the court that on the day in question, the defendant was proceeding East on the right side of Mandela Avenue when the now deceased dashed out of a carwash. The boy reportedly ran over one lane and was struck by Denobrega as he was in the process of sprinting over to his client’s lane. Denobrega was neither speeding nor was he under the influence of alcohol, the lawyer said.Media reports indicate that the teen had ventured onto the roadway to sell bottled water to help maintain himself and his family. His elder brother had recounted going in search of him in the company of another as the evening got late. Upon arriving on the road, they saw a crowd gathered and naturally out of curiosity went to investigate. They were not prepared for what awaited them there.They picked up the teen’s lifeless body and rushed him to the Georgetown Public Hospital where he was pronounced dead.Niles suffered a fractured skull and several broken bones.last_img read more

Continue Reading Mechanic charged for teen’s death
Posted in jtejzywlantv

Everton announce Eto’o capture

first_img New Everton striker Samuel Eto’o 1 Veteran striker Samuel Eto’o has completed his free transfer to Everton, signing a two-year deal with the Merseyside outfit.The confirmation of the deal follows reports on Monday that suggested he had decided to join Roberto Martinez ranks despite a host of other interest around Europe.The 33-year-old was released by Chelsea at the end of last season and had been linked with the Toffees’ Merseyside rivals Liverpool before they sealed a surprise deal for Mario Balotelli.And, with the likes of Italian outfit Roma and Premier League duo West Ham and Sunderland also keen on the frontman, Blues boss Roberto Martinez quickly stepped in to seal the Cameroon international’s captureEto’o is likely to play a back-up to primary striker Romelu Lukaku, who arrived from Chelsea in a club record £28million deal this summer.The former Barcelona star scored 12 goals for Chelsea last season, including a hat-trick against Manchester United, but saw his relationship with Jose Mourinho placed in the spotlight when the Portuguese questioned his age in leaked footage from a French television interview.He could now make his Everton debut against Mourinho and his former team-mates, with the sides due to meet at Goodison Park on Saturday.Martinez had been on the lookout for experienced options up front, with Arouna Kone’s long-term lay-off leaving him short of cover.“I met him and we had a very good chat about football in general and I was impressed about the hunger he still has,” Martinez told Everton’s official website.“For someone who has achieved nearly everything, he still has the desire he had at 15 when he went to Spain and showed what he could do. For many reasons he has got a point to prove.“We are very excited and I think Everton is the perfect home for him. The fans will make him ready and feel sharp but we have got to be a bit patient with the fitness levels and make sure he is back to his best.”Eto’o – Cameroon’s record goalscorer – claims that Martinez was a key reason behind his decision to sign for Everton.“I am very happy to be here, I am looking forward greatly to putting on the Blue shirt of Everton,” he said.“I have been very impressed by the style of play Everton adopt. I could see straight away that at this club I will have the opportunity to play football. I had the chance to speak with the manager over the last few days and we agreed that this was what we would do.“I was impressed with his enthusiasm but also by the knowledge of football that Roberto Martinez carries, his vision of football and how he reads football. I still think I can learn a great deal from him here.”last_img read more

Continue Reading Everton announce Eto’o capture