Tag: 上海龙凤爱上海419论坛

Posted in bwxjpxjscies

DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES PRESS RELEASE – Protocols For Accessing Assistance

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, August 31, 2017 – Nassau – The Department of Social Services (DOSS) wishes to remind the public of its established protocols for accessing various forms of assistance from their office.Persons requiring assistance are asked to apply at the Community Support Outreach Centre nearest to their residence in New Providence or the Family Islands.   New Providence Centres are located on Horse Shoe Drive, in the V. Munnings Building, Wulff Road, in the NIB Office Building, Fox Hill, in the Davis Building opposite Fox Hill Park and Robinson Road, in the NIB Office Building at Montell Heights.The Food Assistance ProgrammeThe Department of Social Services’ Food Assistance programme is ongoing and over ten thousand (10,000) persons receive this assistance on a monthly basis. Persons who qualify are provided VISA Prepaid Cards which permit them to shop at various supermarkets with a degree of dignity. This could not be done previously with the food coupons because the coupons wererestricted to use at one supermarket on a particular date, and no balances could be left on the coupons for future use.School Uniform and FootwearThe process for clients to apply for assistance with uniform and footwear to students of the various public schools in New Providence, Grand Bahama and the Family Islands commenced in July.All prospective clients and their households must be assessed for eligibility.   The applicant must be eighteen (18) years or older, a citizen of The Bahamas and produce identification and supporting financial documents.Assistance to The Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute (BTVI)The Department has provided assistance to underprivileged adults in New Providence and Grand Bahama to obtain certification from the Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute in various fields of endeavour.The DOSS is processing applications from persons who have applied for assistance with school fees to BTVI for the 2017 Fall Semester.It should be noted that the Department is currently reviewing its protocols of providing ongoing assistance to students of BTVI, to ensure that it remains within its overall budget allocation for 2017-2018.The DOSS wishes to apologize to the RISE clients of the Wulff Rd.   Centre for any inconvenience they may have experienced due to RISE cards not being loaded with funds.   It is expected that this matter will be rectified shortly, however, in the interim RISE clients are requested to contact their assigned Social Worker or the Centre Manager at the Wulff Road Centre for assistance.The public is encouraged to contact the main office of the Department of Social Services in the Sunshine Plaza on Blue Hill Road at telephone numbers 604-4200 or 604-4201 for further enquiries or clarification on any of its programmes.Press Release: BIS Related Items: Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApplast_img read more

Continue Reading DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES PRESS RELEASE – Protocols For Accessing Assistance
Posted in euyztfzgsukp

36 killed in clashes in Yemens Taez medical aid blocked

first_imgHeavy clashes and air strikes in Yemen’s third city Taez left at least 36 fighters dead on Sunday, army sources said, as aid workers struggled to make medical deliveries.The fighting between Saudi-backed pro-government forces and Shiite Huthi rebels and their allies killed at least 21 rebels and 15 loyalists, the sources said. New clashes broke out when loyalist forces tried to take back a presidential palace on a hill overlooking the city’s east. Also Read – Nine hurt in accident at fireworks show in French resortLoyalists control the centre of Taez, encircled by the Huthi rebels and allied forces loyal to ousted president Ali Abdullah Saleh. The city in central Yemen has been a key battleground as forces loyal to President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi seek to regain ground from the Iran-backed Huthis.In a statement on Sunday, aid group Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said essential medical supplies it hoped to deliver to a besieged enclave of the city were being blocked. Also Read – Pakistan Army ‘fully prepared’ to face any challenge: Army spokesman“It is very frustrating that, after weeks of negotiations, we have made no progress in convincing officials of the need to provide impartial medical assistance to the victims of the ongoing fighting within this enclave,” Karline Kleijer, MSF’s emergency manager for Yemen, said. She said that this was despite MSF’s support to health facilities in Huthi-controlled areas.Only six of 20 hospitals in the city of more than 600,000 continue to function due to the conflict, and often only partially, MSF said.  “They lack staff, fuel and essential medicines, and are overwhelmed by the high numbers of wounded seeking to access their emergency services on a daily basis,” it said.last_img read more

Continue Reading 36 killed in clashes in Yemens Taez medical aid blocked
Posted in qygofqspskjp

BJPbacked goons rough up TMC workers at Nandagram

first_imgKolkata: Many Trinamool Congress activists received injuries after they were attacked allegedly by a group of BJP-backed miscreants. Some of the injured persons have been undergoing treatment in a nearby hospital.The incident, which took place at Nandagram village of East Burdwan district on Monday morning, has triggered tension among the local residents. Incidentally, it may be mentioned that elections were conducted at Burdwan East Lok Sabha constituency on the same day. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataThe district Trinamool Congress leaders have alleged that some BJP-backed goons tried to influence the voters at Nandagram village on Monday morning, when the Trinamool Congress workers intervened. As they tried to dissuade the miscreants, it led to a heated altercation between the TMC workers and the BJP assisted goons. The miscreants soon overpowered the Trinamool Congress workers and beat them up. They fled immediately after the incident, before the local residents could reach the spot. Also Read – Lightning kills 8, injures 16 in stateThe injured victims were rescued and rushed to a nearby hospital by the local people. Senior TMC leaders later visited the hospital to see the injured workers, who are stated to be in a stable condition now. In another incident, a party office of Trinamool Congress at Joynagar in South 24-Parganas was set on fire by some miscreants. The district party leaders of TMC have accused BJP of setting the party office on fire, which was badly damaged in the incident. The BJP leaders from the district have, however, denied the allegations.last_img read more

Continue Reading BJPbacked goons rough up TMC workers at Nandagram
Posted in votwpslwaksb

Nightmare on street Another woman faces horrific experience

first_imgKolkata: Two days after a celebrity model-actress was harassed on Kolkata street, a 23-year-old woman had torrid times when a man driving a car passed remarks, chased and tried to block the app cab she had hired in South Kolkata.After the woman lodged a complaint with a police patrol party, the accused was arrested. According to Alipore police station Assistant Sub-Inspector Biplab Kumar Das, he and his colleague were out on night patrol near the zoo around 3.45 am (on Wednesday), when he saw a car screeched to a halt before them. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: Mamata”The woman in the app-cab told us that a car blocked her way on Burdwan Road, and was chasing her cab. “After some time the car came to the area, but seeing us, the driver fled with great speed. Then it took a U-turn and came to the spot again. We tried to intercept the vehicle, but it managed to flee again. By that time we had got the car number. We chased the car, but could not reach it. “I lodged a complaint at my police station with the car number. And the duty officer arrested the driver and impounded the car,” said Das. The police are examining the CCTV footage of the area to ascertain the details. Cases on relevant Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections dealing with molestation, forcible blocking of way, chasing a woman have been slapped against the accused. Also Read – Lightning kills 8, injures 16 in stateRecently, former Miss India Ushoshi Sengupta shared her horror experience on social media and narrated her ordeal on June 17 night. She was allegedly chased and harassed by unidentified miscreants when she was returning home from work. Ushoshi had taken an app-cab from the 5-star hotel around 11:40 pm in Kolkata and was accompanied by her colleague. While on her way home, her cab ride turned out to be a traumatic one after a gang of boys rammed into her taxi and also harassed them, besides beating up the driver. All the accused in connection with the incident have been arrested. With agency inputslast_img read more

Continue Reading Nightmare on street Another woman faces horrific experience